Tuesday 25 December 2012

A week before Module!


It's amazing how everything becomes interesting and engaging right before exams.

Less than a week is left before my first module and here I am, wasting a lot of time as if i have all the time on earth to study!

I had initially turned down a tuition offer by making an excuse that MBBS was hectic and that i do not get time.A week before module i realized how selfish i had been.I remembered the aunty's plea and things like "ilm baatne se behter koi kaam nhe". I called the boy (now my student) and I teach him sincerely and give him a lot of time as he has papers next week.For my own paper, i am hoping for "aate hain ghaib se mazameen khayal mein" wala miracle.

All along, my sister used to beg me to go with her for walks and for ice-creams.She used to seek help from me in her studies but i used to tell her how dumb she was and that I couldn't tolerate her lame questions and listen to her stupid stories.In other words I had been a "bitchy sister" (as she says). Just before module I have switched to the "sooper sweet sis" mode. I go regularly with her and pay for her ice creams and listen to her stories with all ears.I even teach her because I am the most "farigh" insaan you'll ever come across.
My sister is stunned, I tell her "bas Allah jb jise hidayat de" :-P

I had missed majlis at my khala's place last year because I was busy with my practicals.It was the time of "bharpai". I spent an entire day at her place, reached hours before the majlis and made up for last year's absence.On the way back to home when tension started to build I reminded my self that Family comes first
(Dilaasa to self) :-l

"Roti bnana" is something i loath.No matter how much i try i never accomplish the perfect circular shape. My mama whines about this a lot. She goes like "jab sasuraal waale taane denge tb pata chale ga" :P
As i was so bored in the past few days I took this responsibility of "Roti bnana" and I am glad that I am improving :-D

Just when I sit to study, something or the other distracts me.My mama,baba's conversation becomes interesting and i cannot suppress the urge to poke my nose in.
I even like the chicks now,they had been at our place for long time, but i never paid even the slightest of attention to the innocent creatures.While studying, I end up staring at them and find them more cute every time I look at them.

There are times I get the feeling that how unaware I am of my surroundings.To end this feeling, I followed every recent developing story from "Gang rape case" to "Tahir ul Qaqri's Jalsa".
(I would do really well if it were a current affairs' paper) :(

My long forgotten twitter account also became my centre of attention.What once seemed boring to me became interesting.

After all this, when I check DUHS Batch 18's facebook page reality hits me. I feel as if I am the dumbest person on earth and probably not smart enough for a medical school *sigh*
This is when it all gets depressing.
Reminds me of the shair
                                              "Ab udaas phirte ho sardion ki shaamon mein
                                              Is trha tou hota hai is trha k kaamon mein"

Once a nerd,now people don't even ask me how much i have studied because they all know my "destined to doom" fate.

The sad part is none of this motivates me to study.These feelings pass away soon and I revert to my routine.
As for the modules, Abi b time hai, 96 hours mein shayd kuch hojae (another dilasa to self)
Baaqi Allah hi hafiz hai!

P.S Indo-pak cricket series is another distraction in the list.
Fingers crossed for today's match!




8 comments:

  1. Evyone is suffering ...u r not the only one =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atleast you attended majalis ... unlike me who refused to go and always ended up watching The vampire diaries.. what a pity.. isnt it ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched many episodes of Grey's Anatomy :P

      Delete
    2. I want to watch em as well but i m unable to catch up with the pace coz they are far ahead ... I am planning to watch the current season from beginning !!!

      Delete
  3. heart touching... :D
    made me feel as if i was reading my story.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that atleast someone can relate to it:D

      Delete
  4. i have been going through exactly the same. taking so much tension but studying very little..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah don't bother yourself for what you're going through. Good news is, college k nerd Anum is making it pretty easily through the lesson of life. There come stages, where schedules erupt like volcanoes, tell you what, may be for our own good.
    Yes, you thrilled me with your writings. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete